Mission and Long Term Vision
St Edmund’s Catholic Primary School Mission Statement
Our Catholic School exists to provide an education that is God centred.
It is based on the belief that everything of worth comes from God
and builds on the faith already established by the family through Baptism.
Together we grow through worship and celebration.
We encourage our children to develop their spiritual and academic potential and individual talents.
We nurture qualities of honesty, tolerance, forgiveness, caring and patience.
All are made welcome and the worth of every individual is recognised, valued and celebrated.
‘Together we learn and grow through worship and celebration.’
Long Term Vision for the School
- Children remain proud of their school and reflect its Mission Statement
- Children are ambitious for themselves, their peers and their school
- Children are independent and active learners confident to approach the next phases of their education.
- Children are resilient, assured and have a positive attitude to life
- Leaders (at all levels) secure outstanding provision and outcomes.
- 100% of children make expected progress in reading, writing and maths.
- At least 50% of all children exceed expected progress in reading, writing and maths.
- All children are given equal opportunity to experience a broad and balanced curriculum.
- All groups are monitored to ensure the school narrow any gaps – EAL, PPG, Boys/Girls etc.
- Staff expectation is consistently high; teaching is never less than good aiming to be consistently outstanding.
- Continue to maintain a balanced three year budget, show value for money and use it to effectively improve progress and achievement.
- The school building and environment reflects the requirements for teaching and learning in the 21st Century and beyond.
- Attendance figures remain consistently above national figures.
- Behaviour and safety remain outstanding.
- Governors achieve recognised Governors Mark