At St Edmund’s, Drama is child-centred and draws upon each child’s interests, experience and cultural background. We celebrate the dramatic process, performance and good experiences of ‘theatre’.
Our main aims are:
- To give all children the opportunity to develop their personality and their powers of imagination and communication.
- To foster confidence, social awareness and the creative potential present in all children.
- To enable children to develop a sense of audience.
Through Drama, children may explore all areas of the curriculum – historical topics, social issues, biographical accounts etc. We value the dramatic process as a resource to be used whenever the opportunity arises.
Our approach to drama includes the following techniques:
- Role Play
- Scripted and Non-scripted Drama
- Puppets and Masks
- Movement and Mime
- Films and Communication Media