Skip to content ↓
St Edmund's Catholic Primary School and Nursery

St Edmund's Catholic Primary School and Nursery

Parish, Family, School

Funds and Contributions

St Edmund’s Catholic Primary School is a Catholic Voluntary Aided School. We are not funded to the same level as non-church schools. This means that for any building or renovation work carried out by the school, the government will only fund 90% of the cost. The remaining 10% has to be paid for by the schools Governing Body. A state primary school would receive 100% funding.

The School Fund is the main source of income that allows Governors to carry on maintaining and improving the infrastructure and resources of the school. Only with every parent’s full support and backing can this be fully achieved.