Achieving for Children is a community interest company created by the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames and the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames to provide their children's services.
They have produced a variety of video workshops aimed at supporting parents with a range of issues particularly through the Covid-19 pandemic. The workshops cover a range of topics and are accessible by clicking on the name of the workshop below. We hope you find these useful.
- School Readiness (2 parts) - aimed at parents whose children are about to start Reception
- Supporting Your Child's Transition and Attachment to Secondary School (3 parts) - Covers a range of situations that parents may be concerned about with regards to transitioning to secondary school
- Introduction to Child Anxiety (3 parts ) - Very comprehensive look at what anxiety is and strategies parents can use to support their children who could be experiencing episodes of anxiety
- Primary School Sleep Workshop - looking at the importance of sleep and strategies to support good sleep hygiene / routines
- Supporting Young People who experience low mood (2 parts) - Strategies to support parents to support their child's mental health and to help them to recognise signs of low mood in their child
- Parental Wellbeing when caring for Young Children (2 Parts) - Strategies to support parents to look after their own well being in order to support their children
- Supporting your child through Bereavement - Strategies to support parents coping and supporting their child with bereavement