Lunch at St Edmund's
Meals at St Edmund’s are provided by ISS Facilities Education. ISS believe that learners of all ages need re-fuelling during the middle of the day and want to make sure that there's plenty of delicious, home-cooked food ready to be eaten when the lunch bell rings!
For them and for us as a school, it is very important that all food served is freshly prepared, healthy and tastes good. Quality ingredients are a must and the more local produce, the better.
Food at St Edmund’s is
- Cooked from scratch on site, fresh every day.
- Menus are designed to ensure they provide a balanced diet and comply with the 'Gold’ standard Food for Life Catering Mark.
- Portion sizes comply with government recommendations
- Children can pre-select meals with their parents
- This facility is offered at St Edmund’s School. We are the ONLY school in Richmond Upon Thames to have this service.
- Menus are reviewed and updated regularly and feedback from parents is well received.
All ingredients follow the Soil Association's ‘Food for Life Served Here Standards.’ which audit ISS to make sure they are using fresh ingredients free from undesirable additives and trans fats, are better for animal welfare, and comply with national nutrition standards.
Below are links to some other organisations who help ISS continue to improve their food, from sustainably sourced fish to organic yoghurts, they are working to look after our planet and the people on it.
Children choosing to have a packed lunch can read the guidelines below on what we encourage the children to select - we are a nut free school but you can also use this link to look at a variety of options.